Cardiac Rehabilitation is a safe and effective program for individuals recovering from a heart attack, bypass surgery, coronary angioplasty or stent, cardiomyopathy, heart transplant, or valve repair/replacement. Other candidates include those suffering from angina (chest pain).
Cardiac Rehabilitation helps:
- Reduce the symptoms of heart disease.
- Reduce the risk of further heart problems.
- Improve your energy level.
- Strengthen your heart and body.
- You return to work and recreational activities.
- Control diabetes, cholesterol, weight and blood pressure.
- You learn to manage stress.
- You take steps toward smoking cessation.
- You understand proper nutrition.
This medically supervised program features exercise, education and behavior modification and also includes:
- A cardiac support group system.
- Exercise opportunities for spouses.
- A community wellness center for patients once they are discharged.
Remember, YOU are the most important member of your cardiac team, which also includes your family doctor, internist and cardiologist; a cardiac exercise specialist; nurses; and dietitians. Cardiac Rehabilitation services are covered by Medicare and most major medical plans.
We also have a Heart Smart Prevention Program for people at risk of developing heart disease!