Hearing is a precious gift. Stop and think for a moment about the sounds that enrich our lives: the whispered words of a toddler; the singing of birds; the voices of friends and loved ones; the rustling of wind in the trees; the music of a symphony orchestra. Our ability to hear these sounds is a vital part of enjoying life. Hearing loss can inhibit a person’s ability to experience the sounds around them. This affects not only their lives, but also the lives of those around them.
Audiology is the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss and balance problems. Audiologists at Sauk Prairie Healthcare will test your auditory (hearing) and vestibular (balance) systems with advanced diagnostic equipment, to ensure you receive proper diagnosis of your conditions and counseling to improve the quality of your life.
Sauk Prairie Healthcares’ Audiology Department offers a broad array of services to help prevent, evaluate and manage hearing problems.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations for children and adults
- Industrial hearing screenings
- Immittance testing (tympanometry, acoustic reflex and decay)
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE) testing
- Automated auditory brainstem response (ABR) screening
- Videonystagmography (VNG)/balance assessment
- Tinnitus counseling
- Hearing aid evaluations, fitting, orientation, sales and maintenance
- Hearing aid battery sales
- Assistive listening devices
- Custom-fitted hearing protection and custom earplugs (e.g. hunters, swimmers, sleeping and for MP3 players)
- Special programs focused on hearing loss prevention