Sauk Prairie Healthcare Foundation is committed not only to the health of our patients, but to the health of the communities we serve
. This year, we awarded more than $20,000 to the following projects:
- District One EMS: Funds used for CPR mannequins and free bike helmets for the community.
- Joining Forces for Families: Wisconsin Heights Summer and After-School Recreation Program, building positivity and providing wellness programs to families.
- Mazomanie United Church of Christ: Literacy Project, funds used to purchase and distribute a copy of Baby’s First Book and Goodnight Moon to each baby born at Sauk Prairie Healthcare in 2019.
- Kraemer Library & Community Center: Children’s summer programming.
- 6:8 Garden and Orchard: Provided healthy food alternatives along with skill development around gardening, volunteer cultivation and relationship-building.
- Prairie Clinic: Provided funds for wearable fitness trackers and food scales to assist patients in weight management.
- River Arts Inc. Coffee + Coloring: Provided a safe, non-threatening environment to be social, creative, and nurturing self-expression.
- Sauk City Public Library: Foodwise at the Library Program, fund supported purchase of library materials and stocked the Little Friends of the Library food pantry.
- Sauk Prairie Area Food Pantry: Feed our Future Project, funds helped to purchase food for school staff to immediately feed their students while at school.
- Also stocked mini-Annex Food Pantries to allow staff to send home food with students in need.
- Sauk Prairie Area Literacy Council: Literacy For All, money assisted with growing the Sauk Prairie Area Literacy Council to help meet increased demand and need.
- Sauk Prairie High School: Biking curriculum for students, funds supported program designed to instill safe biking habits.
- Sauk Prairie Middle School: Biking curriculum for middle school students, funds included supporting a “Biking Literacy” program within the community to encourage safe habits.
- Sauk Prairie Police Department: Funds supported routine behavioral health wellness checks.
- Sauk Prairie Schools: Afternoon Magic! Funds supported summer school program to address high obesity rates for students in the district from Bluffview and Maple Park.
- Sauk Prairie Schools: Provided support for a CPR/AED/First Aid instructor starter package with CPR monitor and AED. Enabled hands-on training in CPR and First Aid classes.
- St. Aloysius: Comprehensive Food Allergy Program, funds supported program to be implemented at St. Aloysius to educate staff, students, parents and ultimately community on importance of food allergies.
- St. Vincent de Paul: Provided supportive materials including AA, NA, AL-ANON books to be used by those going through addiction treatment.
- The Pines Senior Campus: Supported the Cycling Without Age program that provides seniors with the ability to get outside and to take a ride on a “tri-shaw” bicycle to enjoy our community and the Great Sauk State Trail.
Multi-Community: Sauk Prairie, Reedsburg, Spring Green, Plain, Baraboo, La Valle, Lake Delton, Sauk County Health Department
- Sauk County Foot Clinics: Provided funds to deliver foot care in various Sauk County areas for $30 fee per person.
- Sauk County Seal-A-Smile Program (SAS): Provided funds for dental sealants, fluoride varnish applications and oral hygiene education to Sauk County Children to reduce dental disease numbers.