Are you at risk for developing heart disease? Be Heart Smart!
Do you have two or more of the following risk factors?
- High cholesterol
- Elevated blood sugar
Our Heart Smart Prevention Program is available to anyone with the above risks for heart and/or peripheral vascular disease (PAD), diabetes and heart failure. These risk factors greatly increase your likelihood of developing heart disease. The good news is, our Heart Smart Prevention Program can help you learn appropriate lifestyle behaviors to improve your overall quality of life. A physician’s order is required to participate in the Heart Smart Prevention Program.
Our program includes:
- 2-4 individually monitored exercise sessions, which include continuous telemetry (monitoring your heart rhythm) and checking your blood pressure and heart rate responses.
- 3-month membership to our Wellspring Center.
- Education on stress management; benefits of exercise, diet, and medications; anatomy/physiology of the heart; and emotional aspects of chronic disease.
- Nutritional assessment and counseling.
- Individual exercise prescription includes follow up appointments to answer questions and make any changes to your program.
- Progress reports sent to your primary care physician.
We offer this Heart Smart Prevention Program to the community through our Wellspring Plus Center:
- 3-month Heart Smart Program $90 (Wellspring membership included)
If you are interested in this program, please contact us at 608-643-7571.