Sauk Prairie Healthcare will contact you the day before your scheduled surgery with your arrival time and instructions regarding medication use before surgery.
Before your surgery:
- To prevent infection, be sure to take a shower or tub bath.
- Do not wear jewelry, make-up, nail polish, body lotion or perfume.
- No food or drink (including water) after midnight the night before surgery.
- Children under 2 years of age can have clear fluid until 3 am only, then nothing by mouth until after surgery.
- Contact your doctor if you become ill, have fever, cold, flu, or observe any sores or rashes in the surgical area before your surgery.
- Call your insurance carrier to notify them of your upcoming surgery and obtain any needed authorizations.
Items to bring to the hospital:
- For children, a favorite blanket, teddy bear or comfort item and bottle or special drinking cup.
- If you will be admitted to the hospital, pack a small bag with toiletry items such as razor, toothbrush, slippers, robe, deodorant, comb, etc.
- If you use CPAP mask for sleep apnea, bring it with you.
- Insurance card
Patient consents must be signed by the parent, legal guardian, or activated healthcare agent if under age 18. Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after your release from the hospital.
If you have any questions, please call the Pre-Surgical Coordinator 643-7193 Monday through Friday, or 643-7203 on evenings/weekends.